This course teaches divers who already have the Open Water Certification the knowledge and foundation required to safely plan and complete a dive in advanced diving conditions and up to 30 meters deep. The course gives divers a lifelong, international PADI Advanced Diver Certification. The course takes 2 days minimum to complete.
The course includes five adventure dives in open water, where conditions will be used to increase ability in selected adventures (see list below). All dives will take place in the dive-sites described in our map and will be chosen based on adventure dives.
Students must complete the following:
- Read 5 chapters, each of which explains a different adventure dive, and complete the knowledge review questions at the end of each chapter
- Complete 2 required specialty dives in open water: Deep Diving (max 30 meters) and Underwater Navigation (compass and visual)
- Complete 3 adventure dives chosen from the following list:
Diving in Wrecks
Multilevel and Computer Diving
Underwater Propulsion Vehicle
Search and Recovery
Underwater Nature Study
Our operation also offers awesome snorkel day trips for those who would like to see some of our beautiful coral reef and marine life, without the requirement of scuba gear and depth. Snorkelers can enjoy year-round conditions that include warm water, little to no current and shallow corals to see. One of our snorkel guides will make it safe and fun for you, tell you more about the reef and animals that live there and even the basics on how to freedive.
Our normal day trip leaves from Cartagena around 7:45am. Our dive operation is based out of Blue Apple Beach Club, and we will head straight there to get geared up and then travel by boat to one or two sites to snorkel. After snorkeling, you can buy lunch or drinks at Blue Apple Beach Club and relax at the beach Resort during the afternoon or return earlier to Cartagena.
- Nautical transport from Cartagena to and from Blue Apple Beach Resort where we will get equipped, and from there go by boat to all snorkel sites.
- Complete snorkel gear from best brands, incluing Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Rushguard or short wetsuit if you want one.
- 2 snorkel sites
- Snacks and drinks on the boat
- A day pass to Blue Apple Beach Club, optional (consumption at Blue Apple not included)