This course teaches divers who already have the Open Water Certification the knowledge and foundation required to safely plan and complete a dive in advanced diving conditions and up to 30 meters deep. The course gives divers a lifelong, international PADI Advanced Diver Certification. The course takes 2 days minimum to complete.
The course includes five adventure dives in open water, where conditions will be used to increase ability in selected adventures (see list below). All dives will take place in the dive-sites described in our map and will be chosen based on adventure dives.
Students must complete the following:
- Read 5 chapters, each of which explains a different adventure dive, and complete the knowledge review questions at the end of each chapter
- Complete 2 required specialty dives in open water: Deep Diving (max 30 meters) and Underwater Navigation (compass and visual)
- Complete 3 adventure dives chosen from the following list:
Diving in Wrecks
Multilevel and Computer Diving
Underwater Propulsion Vehicle
Search and Recovery
Underwater Nature Study
Discover Scuba Diving for Beginners
Also known as the “mini course”, this will teach beginners the basics of diving and equipment and allows participants to dive to a maximum depth of 12 meters while under direct supervision of an instructor. This activity only takes one day to complete and does not come with a certification. There is a ton to see that is shallow and with easy conditions for beginners in the islands around!
The activity starts with a short theory session explaining the basics of diving, equipment, safety procedures, and signals, followed by a confined water session (in shallow, clear water) where the student will learn how to use the equipment and perform basic skills. After that, the student along with the instructor, will do one or two dives in different dive sites in the open ocean. All divers will be accompanied by a professional PADI scuba divemaster or instructor during the entire activity. After the activity, you will have the opportunity to spend time at and enjoy Blue Apple Beach Resort where we are based or can return to Cartagena.
- Nautical transport to dive site and return to Cartagena on our fast boat.
- Short theory session
- Confined water practice to get comfortable and develop skills before the first dive
- Two dives in separate dive sites
- Complete dive equipment (tanks, mask, snorkel, fins, buoyancy compensator jacket, scuba regulator, suit if needed, weights)
- Water, juice, fruit, and snacks
- 100% assisted and guided dive in the open ocean with a professional PADI instructor
- Daypass to Blue Apple Beach Club after diving (what you consume in the resort not included)
- Photos of the trip are also available, upon request