Discover Scuba Diving
Also known as the “mini course”, this will teach beginners the basics of diving and equipment and allows participants to dive to a maximum depth of 12 meters while under direct supervision of an instructor. This activity only takes one day to complete and does not come with a certification. There is a ton to see that is shallow and with easy conditions for beginners in the islands around!
The activity starts with a short theory session explaining the basics of diving, equipment, safety procedures, and signals, followed by a confined water session (in shallow, clear water) where the student will learn how to use the equipment and perform basic skills. After that, the student along with the instructor, will do one or two dives in different dive sites in the open ocean. All divers will be accompanied by a professional PADI scuba divemaster or instructor during the entire activity. After the activity, you will have the opportunity to spend time at and enjoy Blue Apple Beach Resort where we are based or can return to Cartagena.
- Nautical transport to dive site and return to Cartagena on our fast boat.
- Short theory session
- Confined water practice to get comfortable and develop skills.
- Complete dive equipment (tank(s), mask, snorkel, fins, buoyancy compensator jaquet, scuba regulator, suit if needed, weights)
- Accompanied by a certified PADI professional
- Water, juice, fruit, and snacks
- 100% assisted and guided dive in the open ocean with a professional PADI instructor
- Photos of the trip are also available, upon request