This course covers the first three of five parts in the PADI Open Water Diver Course. It provides dive students with the knowledge and foundation that is needed to scuba dive. It does include a certification but does not certify divers to dive without professional supervision (as the Open Water Course does). Divers will be able to dive up to 12 meters deep. This course can be completed in minimum of 2 days.
This course consists of two parts: theory and practice. The theory will consist of a class session where students will review the divers’ manual, watch videos, take quizzes, and have class with a professional PADI instructor. The practice will consist of a confined water session in shallow water where the student will learn and develop all of the necessary skills, followed by two dives in the ocean in two separate dive sites.
Students must complete the following:
- Read the first 3 chapters of the PADI Open Water Diver Manual and complete the knowledge reviews.
- Watch 3 PADI videos
- Review knowledge reviews and go over topics with a professional instructor
- Complete a confined water session and activities
- Complete two open water dives (during one day trip)
- If required, the student will need to provide a medical clearance to dive
- PADI registration and processing fees and Scuba Diver certification card
- Open Water Diver Manual (the student will keep this as a reference manual)
- 3 theory modules to be completed in the classroom with professional instructor
- Quiz and exam materials
- Complete dive gear: buoyancy jacket, tanks, regulator, fins, mask, belt, weights, dive computer and wetsuit if requested
- 2 dives in the open ocean water
- Transportation to and from dive sites in boat with professional pilot
- Snacks and drinks during open water dives
- Day pass to Blue Apple Beach Club after dives (what you consume in the resort not included)
- An assistant instructor during the open water dives if needed
- Underwater pictures are also available, upon request