Open Water Certification
This course teaches students the fundamentals of scuba diving and gives them an international, lifelong PADI certification that allows them to dive with another diver of equal or higher certification level without professional supervision up to 18 meters deep. This course takes a minimum of 4 days to complete.
This course includes two parts: theory and practice. The theory of scuba diving will be taught by a professional instructor and is based around the PADI Open Water Diver Manual, videos, quizzes, final exam, and class time. The practice part of the course will be carried out over two days and will include confined water practice sessions in shallow water in addition to 4 dives in the open ocean in 4 different sites. Our instructors and divemasters will accompany students throughout all aspects of the course.
Students must complete the following:
- Read the PADI Open Water Diver manual and complete all five chapter knowledge reviews
- Go over topics, quizes and exam, with a professional PADI instructor
- Watch 5 PADI Videos
- Complete confined water dive sessions
- Complete four open water dives
- Perform all the required skill demonstrations in confined and open water dives
- Present medical clearance if required
- PADI registration and process fees and Open Water Diver certification card
- Open Water Diver Manual (the student will keep this as a reference manual)
- Log book to keep track of all dives.
- 5 theory modules to be completed in the classroom with professional instructor
- PADI videos
- Quiz and exam materials.
- Complete dive gear: Buoyancy Compensator Device, tanks, scuba regulator, fins, mask, belt, weights, wetsuit if needed
- Confined water practice
- 4 dives in the open ocean water
- Transportation to and from dive sites in boat with professional pilot
- Snacks and drinks for day trips
- Day pass to Blue Apple Beach Club on days you dive (what you consume in resort not included)
- Professional PADI Instructor and an assistant instructor if needed
- Photos of the course will also be available!
Price is 1,580,000 if you pay in CO pesos, or is $370 if you pay in dolars.
30% downpayment with reservation, fully refundable until 24hrs before the trip.
scuba diving open water course cartagena colombia
scuba diving star coral and blenny